Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spinning Faster and Faster

I remember being little, the weeks dragged on forever....and the weekends were never long enough. A school year felt like an eternity. I honestly thought that when adults said "enjoy it while it lasts" that they were trying to just get me to stop complaining. I never thought time would speed up and start flying by the way it does now. All my friends are having children, I stumbled onto an old friend's FB page just a few minutes ago and saw that not only did he get the girl he was dating prego..but he apparently married her and then had a second child with her. Gah, I liked the world when I was little. I don't feel grown enough for all this adulthood stuff. Parenting? I still feel too young to be in the same generation as all of my peers who have kids. Apparently some of them already on #2 or #3. I'm not bitter about it but I feel sad. I wonder if half of them are even happy. Getting knocked up and then having to get married and raise a child you weren't planning on having till your late 20's. I can't help but to put myself in their shoes and I have a feeling I would be bitter that I had to give up my youth. I understand some girls want a child early and that's all fine and good; but I hate it that so many of them don't want kids but don't have the common sense to use protection. I don't even know why the schools bother with Sex Education. It doesn't do any good. I've seen so many girls 14..15..16 getting pregnant and then KEEPING the baby. Hello, Adoption is definately an option ladies. Why can't sex before marriage be enough? Why does it have to be kids before marriage too? And why on earth does having a child with someone mean you have to marry them, so many couples who do that aren't in the marriage for the right reasons and then guess what....divorse.

I wish time would slow back down. I wish that everytime I got online I didn't see someone else I knew as a kid with their own. I wish people would stop wanting to grow up so fast. I guess I'm a selfish person to feel this way. I can't help it though. To each his own....

2 comments:

Alaythea said...

I do agree that these days everyone seems to be having kids even when they aren't ready and a lot of people never get "ready" even after the child is born. Some people do step up to the plate once they are in the situation. I know I had to - I was married but still I wasn't planning on a child and I didn't want one. I was still feeling pretty selfish in life! But that's why I've taken ever precaution not to have another one - I love Gi but I know I would be so bitter if I were to "accidentally" get preggo again. I'm excited to raise her and focus on me again to be honest! But don't let others decisions effect you - do what you know is best for you!

Alaythea said...

Oh, and I do agree that just become you get preggo doesn't mean you should marry that person - especially if they aren't a quality person in the first place but it's hard to raise a child without help, without the help of someone you feel so deeply connected to. There is a lot of divorce but I'm proud to see that there are a lot of young couple who have gotten pregnant and then married who have stuck it out and even had more children who are truly happy! It can happen!

Followers