Friday, March 19, 2010

Did I Miss My Calling

I'm suddenly having a bi-polar evening. Earlier things seemed to be going great. It wasn't until later that I realized no one even gives a crap about my photography. I might as well just quit. That's a horrible attitude I know, but I just wish it was appreciated. I have no clue how to get my name out. Before I moved out of Rutherford County I was starting to get my name out but then...obviously I left so there went all those years of work. I don't know how to describe it, maybe an author who didn't sell any of his publishings would feel the same. "What's the F*ing point" I want to scream. [as of this moment] I need to get to the point where I don't care if photography takes me anywhere and just do it for the love of it. It's just hard to do that when I've dreamed of having my own studio since I was 11 or 12. I also realize how few friends I have that even care to invest 5 min of their time a week into checking out my new work and encouraging me. Do you realize people how much motivation is based on encouragement!!!! Wait...what's the point to even writing this. Alaythea is the only one who reads this. [i love you for it!!!!] I'm discouraged. I don't know who is even my friends these days. I know facebook is a bad way to judge these type of things....it's just had sometimes not to think about it.

Please don't make any remarks about this. I'm not directing this to any one person i'm just in general feeling very alone and my work feels like it's going no where. [yes my work has an emotion all of its own] Poo. I need a direction.....

1 comments:

Alaythea said...

Ah, sweetie, I'm so sorry you feel that way. I love your work - that's why it's hanging in my dining room! You are talented and it is hard to get your name out there and I don't know how to tell you to go about it but don't give up on photography...it's a beautiful thing and you just have to keep working at it. You are still young and there is plenty of time to make it happen!!! You are talented and I don't always have time to comment on everything but I do look at (and enjoy!) your work! Keep your chin up - and yes, encouragement is so important. I thank everyone who has encouraged me lately - it makes things so much better!!! I love you, darlin'!!!

Followers