Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Success


Our yard sale was a HUGE success. We "made out like bandits" as we called it. Our trip to New Orleans is now fully funded. I didn't get much sleep over the weekend. We were up by 4:30 both mornings to set up and didn't get to sleep until 11 or later. I ended up looking like a lobster from the neck up, I under-estimated the Florida sun in March. I'm not complaining, at least i have a color now. We met some interesting people at our yard sale, we had some Haitians completely rip us off but it didn't matter in the end; as long as the stuff didn't come home with us we were happy. Now I have a lot of planning to do...I'm going to look up all the "must see" sites in New Orleans to make sure Jamie doesn't miss out. We are going to find some great restaurants to eat at too. I can't wait for this trip!!

In a day or two I'll have my sister's ticket to Clearwater booked and then I'll be planning that visit as well. This summer is going to be fun. I'm still catching up on sleep right now though, it's 1:39am. Good morning world.....i'm going to sleep.

2 comments:

Alaythea said...

Hey, seriously message my dad on FB and ask him where you should eat. He's been to New Orleans a million times and knows all the great "little" places to go eat and he may even be able to tell u some fun places just to go too. Sometimes websites miss out on all the good hole-in-the-wall places that my dad knows are good! Have fun though - Beej and I wanna go to N.O. sometime soon, our absolute favorite band is from there!!!

inexplicata said...

John and I are going to try to make it to New Orleans this summer as well...given that we can convince his dad to fly us down there :P

Followers