Friday, March 12, 2010

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure


After months of sorting through all of our mounds of stuff and all of my inlaws mounds of stuff we are finally ready for our yard sale! It's going to be impressive to say the least. There will be a little bit of everything. I sure hope the weather doesn't do anything drastic this weekend. Forecast says today is it for the rain...and I sure hope they are right. I can't believe how much rain we have had today! If all goes well and we make enough of the green stuff I can take my baby on a nice trip to New Orleans. I have a cousin there and we have a mutual friend there as well so we will be able to see some loved ones in the process. I haven't been back to New Orleans since Katrina so I don't know how much it has changed...and I'm curious to see. Jamie has never been there, so I'm excited to take him to the French Quarter and the Markets and that awesome restaurant that served me whole calimari! [i was 7...it was tramatic]It blows my mind to think that we've never been on a trip together for the sake of taking a trip. It's always been about seeing family.

On another note, my diet is starting to pay off. Slowly I'm starting to see changes, now I just need a regular work out routine and I would be golden. I've been eating a lot of fruits and veggies, lean meats, very little bread and drinking water only. I stay away from anything in a bag or a box. haha! That seems to be a good rule for me. Nothing but fat and sugar and oils and salt comes in those.

I should be packing right now. We have to leave before too long. I'm not exactly thrilled about this ride across the state. It's pouring! And we will have a van full of stuff that will need to be unloaded tonight! I'll have to be up by 4 in the morning to get the yard sale stuff laid out. It's all literally in a pile in Stan's garage....that takes up ALL the space in there as well. *SIGH* I hope it's worth all the work I'm about to put forth. More updates at the end of the weekend.

2 comments:

Alaythea said...

Yard sales are a lot of work but also a lot fun! Hope the weather stays nice, it's raining here. I'm sure your diet is paying off, it seems to for you - I do pretty much the same thing, all water, and nothing in a box or bag! And it's paying off for me too - I'm in a comfortable size 4 from Old Navy, still 6's most other places but still! I'm thrilled! Just ready to my abs now , I'm starting to get a little definition but I have a ways to go....

Plain & Simply Complicated said...

im proud of you alaythea! You've worked hard for that size 4. :)

Followers