Thursday, April 29, 2010

DANGER


I've tried to write this blog several times, I just can't seem to find the right words to express it right. Recently, as you know, I started working in the restaurant business. I've met lots of new and interesting people there. I'm still assessing personalities to see who is worth getting to know and who isn't. One girl really stuck out to me and I had high hopes of us becoming close friends. She was very open with me about her spiritual walk and seemed to share similar values as myself. I felt very comfortable around her and was beginning to open up to her about some personal things in my life as well. Last weekend I was invited to her house for a jewelry party, "Finally" I thought "a girls night out with some new friends!" Shortly after arriving I became aware of a situation that shocked me and make me very uncomfortable. I guess some marriages don't consider other females to be off limits. I came face to face with my own demons when I was least expecting it. I guess in conversation the idea of bringing someone else in on the fun, if you know what I'm saying, seemed like a fun idea to throw around. I found that coming face to face with the reality is actually disgusting and hurtful. I felt like I had been lied to! I was under the impression this girl was really seeking the Lord and trying to get her walk with God closer. Come to find out she seems to be a lot of talk and not alot of follow through. It blows my mind that she doesn't understand why her husband is so clingy and doesn't trust her out of his sight; maybe because you cheat on him right in front of him! He may say it is "okay" with him because society has taught that it is sexy for two females to be in the same bed with a man. But biblically being unfaithful isn't limited to the opposite sex. Trust is broken no matter how you look at it. I don't think she or her husband realize how deeply this will wound their relationship until much later. I've been doing a lot of thinking about this over the past 10 days. I was so upset about it, realizing that the one person I've met who seemed like a quality person was very deep into some things that I know I can never give myself a chance to be around. I'm so disgusted with society today, planting ideas into the heads of youth and families everywhere. It's cool to have a threesome, it's cool to experiment with girls, it's good to experiment so you can really find out who you are.....really people! It's not cool to do any of those things. Especially in the confines of a marriage. I'm not an exception, I've seen the lines blur into grey on these topics, but the closer I get to the Lord the more I see how truly black and white the lines are. I guess God had a plan for me when I met this girl, even though I'm upset that I will see no friendship blossom, she did lead me to a place in life where I allowed God to heal and forgive me. I'm glad that instead of getting angry that I have allowed God to remold me.

This evening Jamie & I are home and working on an old chest I bought. I'm hoping to finish it before before everyone gets here. I can't believe my mom, my best friend & her family will be here in 2 days! It hasn't even set in yet. I've been so caught up in things here. I can't wait!!! I miss them so much. Anyways I've got this old chest that I bought back in E-City and had every hope to restore it, but its just been sitting here catching dust. I'm taping over the metal today so I can spray paint it and then I'm going to get a green or maybe a blue to paint the metal with. It will be storage for all the blankets I have stacked against the wall in the back bedroom. I'll post pics! i'll update later.

1 comments:

DeeAnnaJoy said...

That is one scary spider! Lol!

Followers