Friday, April 16, 2010

Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That




I'm deprived of sleep and my best friend right now. I haven't talked to Kristen and had a quality conversation with her in weeks it seems. That depressed me in a way I don't like at all! I have a strange co-dependant need for her input in my daily life. We were doing really good at video chatting for awhile....not so much anymore. I think I'll send her a card to apologize for my inability to balance my life with all this work stuff I seem to be caught doing lately.

And I need some sleep. I can hear my husband snoring in the other room right now. It's pretty funny, I've become a fan of ear plugs recently. I'm actually rather co-dependant with them as well now. I doubt I can sleep without them. I never used to use them, I always just elbowed him in the side so he would roll over long enough so i could fall asleep before the snoring started up again. I'm not sure why I decided to use earplugs, but now that I have I can't seem to sleep at all without them. Even when he isn't home the little noises the dogs make or the cars outside and stuff keep me up. It's pretty pathetic. WOW, seriously....I just wrote a paragraph on my need for earplugs. This is a really deep topic, I'm sorry if reading this makes you uneasy. I guess I needed to get all that off my chest!

Now that the serious stuff has been said, [im cracking up at myself right now] I guess I shall fill you in briefly on my job and all that boring stuff. So I'm a waitress at a small chain called BD's Mongolian Grill. It's a pretty cool place and the food is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention very healthy too. I've had some moments of sheer panic at the idea of serving again [my last waitressing jobs were horrible!] but im actually really enjoying this place. I work with some great people [some not so great as well]. Being around people again really has put my life in perspective, I realize how good I have it and how selfish I have been. I was already aware of my selfishness, but God is really giving me understanding and begining to change my heart in a lot of ways. I have a girl at work who is really a blessing to me! She shares many of the same views on life and Christ as I do. She grew up in a spirit filled church and is married with no kids like me as well. I'm really looking forward to getting to know her, I think we will be able to encourage each other and help each other get back on track.

I'm going to spend tomorrow doing nothing terribly important, maybe give the dogs a bath and tan some. Possibly go to the beach or take a nap. At some point I'll have to head to the gym and do some laps in the pool for cardio and then do abs and squats and pushups. I wish getting fit wasn't such a long process but ya know what nothing worth while happens quickly. I've got a layer on me right now that I have to shed....it wasn't there last summer and I don't like it. Especially my legs, they have always been so hard for me to tone. I have a tendancy to bulk up rather than slim down. I think God gave me man muscles on accident.

I'm enjoying this beautiful weather, so are my dogs. While we were in Vero last weekend we stopped at a wildlife reserve and let them run around and they were having so much fun. At this point in my life there is nothing that makes me smile as much as to see them romping through the grass at full speed. It's like running around is the best thing in the world to them. Especially little timmy, he is so tiny & it's so cute to watch him get so excited. It's 1:09....I should get some sleep. I have to get my darling husband up in a little more than 4 hours. Pics above are courtesy of my hubby :)

1 comments:

Alaythea said...

The pics are great - I love action shots! You look great, girl, so don't be so hard on yourself! It does take time. I feel like I've been at this getting fit thing for ever( 7 1/2 mons. now) and I have to realize that I'm really doing good! I'm at 125.5 and only 10lbs away from my ULTIMATE goal and only 5.5 from my first main goal. Not bad for less then a year....maintaining scares the poop out of though!!! I am dependent on my fan for sleep - I can't sleep with out the air being "stirred" or the white noise from it. If I try to sleep without it the complete silence will keep me up all night, no joke! And here's some useless info - I have a sinus cold and have sneezed about 10 times in a row right now! Lol!

Followers