Friday, May 21, 2010

Osprey Island

Lately I'm not really into writing blogs about anything serious, but since I'm not keeping a journal I feel like I should record my adventure before I forget all the details. Jamie got home from work completely tired yesterday. I figured we would spend the evening at home but for whatever reason he asked if I wanted to go kayaking....and I added that we should kayak to an island and camp. So in about an hour we had things all packed up and headed for our launch site. It took us about 20 min to kayak to where we stayed. Since we had to put everything in our kayaks we had to pack light. [2 gallons of water, tarp, 2 towels, sheet, bug spray, a little bit of food, lighters, machete, flash lights] We got to our little island with a little less than two hours of light left. It was about half a mile around...maybe slightly larger. We set up our tarp and then went on the hunt for wood to make a fire with. This was my first time really camping and I loved it! We named the island Osprey Island because there was an osprey that pretty much owned the place. We walked the island and got to explore some. We got a fire going and I pretty much was the one running it all night. My hands are completely raw from pulling limbs and stuff up all night to burn. It was a good fire! I only wish i had brought some marshmellows. The bugs didnt bother us at all and the breeze was perfect. We tried to look for some clams but only found oysters. Thank goodness Jamie was with me because i didn't know you don't want to eat oysters in a month without an R in it. But in the fall I'll be back there to steam some! I think next time we will bring a fishing pole or something too because there were fish everywhere. We just got to enjoy some time together and we are definately going to do this again soon.

I'm headed to work now. I'm closing tonight so I'll be there really late.

0 comments:

Followers